There are a lot of users face the issue of ghost touch mostly people face this issue after their iphone get dirty or when phone display has problem. In this article we will discuss why ghost touch occurs in our phone and how to fix the ghost touch issue read the full article this will help you in fixing the ghost touch issue and to solve your problem.
What is ghost touch
Sometimes iphone being touched automatically and it run by itself and it do all the tabs and touches it self even if you are not doing anything on the device this issue issue is called ghost touch in short running of phone in absence of user.
Why ghost touch happens
Well there are many reasons but some of the major reasons of ghost touch is
- If your hand is dirty or if your phone screen is dirty due to some reasons and if you have putted it on charging or if you are playing any video then you may face the issue of ghost touch issue on your device.
- hardware problem with your display. Hardware problem may cause the ghost tuch/touch glitch problem.
- Use of old template glass. If you device template glass is older more then 1-2yr then it’s the time to remove it from your phone. If you are using a old phone template glass then it must be covered with dirt and dust and it interfere on your device screen .
- If you are a iPhone use and you have updated your device then you may see the ghost touch issue on your iphone.
How to fix the issue
1. Let’s starts with the easiest and the simplest method to fix the ghost touch issue in this method you just have to do is remove your phone screen guard/phone tempered glass. Removing of old screen guard/tempered glass helps your phone to get rid of dirts and your screen will be cleaned.
2. Remove your iphone case. If you are using tight case on your phone then remove it “use of tight case on phone can result the problem of ghost touch.
3. Restart your iphone.
For iPhone X,XR
- Press and hold volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds.
For iPhone 6,7,8,SE
- Press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears on screen.
- Drag the slider and wait for 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
4. Update your iPhone if it is not
To update your device follow these steps.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with WiFi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS or iPadOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel.
- To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
And if want to update your device using computer then follow these steps
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Locate your device on your computer.
- Click general or Settings, then click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
5. Reset all settings on your iPhone.
- Go to settings
- Click on general
- Then click on reset
6. If you have tried all these things and you are still facing the problem then the last method is changing the screen of your iphone. You can change your iphone screen by Apple service center.